Posts for category: Cosmetic Dermatology
Are you starting to look older than you want to? Are those tell-tale lines and wrinkles showing up around your eye and other areas of your face? If so, it’s time for you to discover what Botox can do for you. Here at Dr. Lisa Silbret and Dr. Alan Schechter's Manalapan, NJ, dermatology office, we offer a wide range of skincare products and treatments, including Botox, to help you look your best—read on to learn more!
Changes happen to your body as you age, including changes to your skin. This is because when you continually laugh, frown, or show other expressions over time, your skin will stop snapping back the way it did when you were younger. Instead, fine lines and wrinkles along the lines of expression will begin to show.
Fortunately, there is an effective weapon in the fight against wrinkles—it’s called Botox, and it can help you look your best by diminishing signs of aging, such as:
- Crow’s feet, which are the fine lines appearing at the corners of your eyes
- Furrows, which are the deeper lines appearing across your forehead
- Glabella, which are the lines appearing between your eyebrows
- Marionette lines, which are the lines appearing at the corners of your mouth
- Nasolabial lines, which are the deep lines running from your nose to your mouth
Botox is an injectable medication which works by temporarily “freezing” the nerves and muscles at the injection site. Botox has been rigorously tested and approved for use by the FDA. In clinical trials, it has shown tremendous benefits in making skin appear more youthful and smooth.
Interested? Give us a call
With Botox, you can look as young as you feel! To learn more about the benefits of this treatment, talk with the experts—call Dr. Lisa Silbret and Dr. Alan Schechter in Manalapan, NJ, today at (732) 303-1500.
While fine lines may be an inevitable fact of life, that doesn’t mean you can’t take steps to improve the health and appearance of your skin. There are a number of simple lifestyle changes you can make to help diminish wrinkles. And with the popularity of cosmetic dermatology, you can talk to your dermatologist about safe and long-lasting procedures, such as Botox™, that help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
Visible signs of aging may not be unavoidable, but the causes that lead to wrinkles and fine lines aren’t completely out of your control. The first step to diminishing the appearance of your wrinkles is to understand what causes them in the first place.
- Protect your skin from the sun. Sun exposure is the leading cause of wrinkles. When you must be in the sun, always wear sunscreen and protective gear such as a hat and sunglasses. This will not only help you prevent wrinkles, it will also help prevent skin cancer.
- Moisturize. Dry skin turns plump skin cells into shriveled ones, creating lines and wrinkles prematurely. Skin that is moist looks better and retains the skin’s elasticity.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking causes premature wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth. It upsets the body’s mechanism for breaking down old skin and renewing it.
- Wear protective sunglasses. Avoid crow’s feet and prevent wrinkles around your eyes by wearing protective eyewear, as repeated squinting causes these wrinkles.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. A diet rich in fruits and vegetables that contain powerful antioxidants, such as berries and leafy greens, can help fight against the harmful molecules that damage skin cells.
- Stay hydrated. Water helps keep your body and skin hydrated, giving your skin a radiant glow while helping to rid waste out of your system.
A More Youthful Appearance with Cosmetic Dermatology
For fast and long-lasting results, you may want to visit your cosmetic dermatologist. Today, cosmetic dermatology offers a wide spectrum of safe and effective procedures that can help you dramatically reduce the visibility of your wrinkles, improve your overall skin health and help you achieve your skin care goals.
Three popular cosmetic procedures include:
- Botox™: This popular treatment for facial wrinkles involves injecting Botox™ which relaxes and weakens the muscles beneath the wrinkle. This temporarily prevents the formation of expression type wrinkles, such as frown lines and crow’s feet.
- Wrinkle fillers: Popular wrinkle fillers, such as Juvederm™ and Restylane™, are composed of gel-like compounds that reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles and folds.
- Chemical Peels: This process involves applying a safe and gentle chemical solution to the skin of the face, neck and hand, which includes exfoliation of the upper skin layers. This procedure is not only used for the reduction of wrinkles but for the treatment of acne and pigmentation problems as well.
Wrinkles may be a natural part of the aging process, but that doesn’t mean you have to settle for an aged appearance. With a healthy lifestyle, good sun protection and regular visits to your dermatologist, you can help keep your skin looking youthful for years and years.
If you are considering treatment for wrinkles, talk to your cosmetic dermatologist in Manalapan, NJ at Dr. Lisa Silbret, MD and Dr. Alan Schechter, MD about your options!